Client is a leading provider of a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners -- in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. The vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories, and music they love wherever they are.
As the leading provider of connected services to vehicle manufacturers, Client has been delivering one of the most adopted connected vehicle platforms in North America for the last 25 years. Named the 2020 Company of the Year in the Telematics Industry by Frost & Sullivan, Client provides safety, security, and convenience services to millions of vehicle owners across major automotive brands. Teams are continuously working to develop leading-edge technology that can not only add convenience to the daily lives of so many drivers across the country but our advancements in safety and security could also help save their lives.
How you will make an impact:
We are seeking a motivated and passionate QA Automation Lead who would be responsible for successful day to day management and leadership of Testers that automate and test the platforms within Software Quality Assurance team.
What you'll do:
- Coordinate automation activities within Software Engineering. Assess and manage risks.
- Oversee the planning of automation activities.
- Build and foster a team environment.
- Arrange workshops and training for the team. Actively and consistently support all phases of the testing effort required to execute projects.
- Define automated testing best practices, code standards, processes, and procedures.
- Develop automation testing strategies and estimation models to plan test schedules based on project scope or delivery dates
- Analyze and resolve automation framework related problems by coordinating with team to diagnose and fix issues.
- Report, define, and track quality assurance metrics such as Automation Team member velocity, total automation test case candidates, total automated test cases, failure/pass rates for program(s) to leadership and stakeholders.
- Provide accurate documentation of issues to the project stakeholders and leadership team.
- Ensure quality standards, procedures and methodologies are followed.
- Document and implement automation and performance strategies and plans. Ensure that these documented best practices are adhered to.
- Actively participate in Program Team, Roadmap calls and other strategic sessions; ensuring the voice, recommendations and concerns of the automation team is professionally and purposefully represented.
- Diagnose complex issues, evaluate, recommend, and execute the best resolution.
- Help drive continuous quality in the organization by helping instill best automation test practices.
- Bachelor's (BSc) in engineering, computer science, or related field
- 3+ years of cumulative testing leadership
- 5+ years of experience with Test Automation
- Expertise in automation with Python
- Experience in helping deliver multiple commercially deployed products to market
- Experience bringing automation tools into practice for use in the testing lifecycle
- Knowledge of JSON, HTML, XML and SQL technologies
- Knowledge of testing API and Web Services (REST and SOAP)
- Hands-on experience with test automation tools
- Expert understanding of Test Case Management tools like TestRail, Xray, and Zephyr
- Expert in fundamentals of testing methodologies and continuous improvement.
- Experience with DevOps best practices and continuous deployment pipeline
- Ability to review designs and code, and work with development engineers to help identify and resolve issues at all levels with automation techniques
- Proficient computer skills, experience with the Atlassian Development Suite (Confluence, Jira, BitBucket), Microsoft Office Suite (Visio, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- A proven history of technical and organizational leadership
- Proven ability to lead and work within geographically distributed engineering/testing teams
- Mentoring skills and competencies, with an ability to transfer knowledge to junior and senior members of automation teams
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with business analysts, UI/UX team, leadership, test teams, senior management, and internal and external stakeholders
- Experienced with integration of automation using agile software development methodologies; Scrum and/or Kanban
- A deep agile toolbox including awareness of various agile techniques.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and work under shifting deadlines with potentially ambiguous or nebulous requirements in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly assess multifaceted problems, complex situations, and recognize patterns to identify and resolve the root cause
English: B2 Upper Intermediate