Feria Virtual de Empleos de Tecnología en México 2024
¡Más de 700 ofertas de trabajo en México, USA y Remoto!Visitar feria
Publicado hace más de 30 días.
Senior Manager, Technolgy Sourcing en Thomson Reuters
No especificado MXN
Ciudad de México
Inglés: Nivel Básico
Senior Manager, Technolgy Sourcing
Thomson Reuters is seeking a Senior Manager, Technolgy Sourcing in our Mexico City office. Global Services manages and optimizes the third party spend of Thomson Reuters. Our mission is to partner with our stakeholders to acquire the right goods and services at best value and within an acceptable risk perimeter to drive our corporate objectives. We integrate and manage a highly complex network of products, services, processes, technologies and suppliers across all Thomson Reuters locations worldwide.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Technology Sourcing, the Senior Manager, Technology Sourcing will take a leadership role for categories focused on application development and maintenance, and the Engineering and Application Services category. This individual will assist business leaders in managing their respective P&L's with regards to spending, planning, and development of supplier relationships critical to their respective lines of business.
About the Role
In this opportunity as Senior Manager, Technolgy Sourcing you will:
- Develop Category Plans and sourcing strategies containing a portfolio of key initiatives which deliver the IT Strategy
- Deliver the key IT sourcing initiatives, achieving best value within acceptable risk
- Contribute to the development of the annual pipeline of IT sourcing initiatives, integrating with the financial planning process
- Draft, redline and negotiate supplier contracts within Thomson Reuters’s contracting standards and business objectives
- Rationalize the number of IT suppliers and reduce fragmentation in the spend base in order to simplify the supplier landscape and drive commercial efficiency
- Provide support and coaching to Sourcing Managers within the Technology Sourcing teams
- Represent Global Services in governance forums with strategic IT suppliers to ensure that all contractual obligations are met, initiatives are performing against business case and that issues and disputes are resolved in a timely manner
- Build and enhance relationships with strategic IT suppliers along with the vendor and service delivery management teams to deliver high levels of service whilst maintaining best-in-class commercial terms and conditions
- Category Plans and sourcing strategies developed and approved by all relevant stakeholders
- Robust business cases developed for every IT sourcing initiative
- Robust implementation plans (including approach to deal governance and approval) developed for every IT sourcing initiative
- High-quality sourcing collateral developed at each stage of the sourcing lifecycle to facilitate informed decision-making amongst the stakeholder community
- Significantly reduced third party risks with active risk management implemented for each IT sourcing initiative
- Significant and sustainable annual reduction in Thomson Reuters cost-base, demonstrated using a robust savings methodology which is consistently applied and rigorously approved
You’re a fit for the role of Senior Manager, Technolgy Sourcing if you:
- Have 5 - 10+ years of general sourcing experience
- Have significant experience of successful development and negotiation of IT sourcing agreements in excess of up to 25m value
- Proven track record of delivering significant and sustainable cost reductions through effective implementation of a coherent IT sourcing strategy
- Deep understanding of contract terms and contractual language; proven skills and experience in drafting / redlining contracts
- Good (external and internal) relationship management and cross-functional leadership skills
- Experienced sourcing practitioner, understanding of best-practice sourcing methodology and a demonstrated track record of working ethically to achieve excellent outcomes
- Experience of contracting for agile application development services and managed application services
- Experience of leading negotiations with major global ADM and outsourcing partners, as well as other key technology suppliers
- Knowledge of the sourcing marketplace and trends in the industry including the ability to assess the impact of change in the context of the sourcing strategy
- Expert analytics and ability to develop coherent and high-quality sourcing collateral including business case, contract summaries, and RFx materials
- Experience of building strong relationships with senior IT and business executives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
What’s in it For You
Hybrid Work Model: We've adopted a flexible hybrid working environment for our office-based roles while delivering a seamless experience that is digitally and physically connected
Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; flexible and supportive benefits for work-life balance: flexible vacation, two company-wide Mental Health Days Off; work from another location for up to a total of 8 weeks in a year, 4 of those weeks can be out of the country and the remaining in the country, Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing.
Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more.
Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networking.
Social Impact: Eight employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact.
Purpose Driven Work: We have a superpower that we’ve never talked about with as much pride as we should – we are one of the only companies on the planet that helps its customers pursue justice, truth and transparency. Together, with the professionals and institutions we serve, we help uphold the rule of law, turn the wheels of commerce, catch bad actors, report the facts, and provide trusted, unbiased information to people all over the world
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 26,000 employees across more than 70 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on .