Feria Virtual de Empleos de Tecnología en México 2024
¡Más de 700 ofertas de trabajo en México, USA y Remoto!Visitar feria
Publicado hace más de 30 días.
Senior Automation Engineer en Thomson Reuters
No especificado MXN
Ciudad de México
Inglés: Nivel Básico
Senior Automation Engineer
Sr Automation Engineer are experienced professionals that develop software programs in order to test code and applications and have a passion for quality processes. They have in-depth knowledge and subject matter expertise in managing functional testing, automating client application and qualification of the client-side applications.
Sr. QA Engineers interact with internal and external teams to train them on the products, work on projects independently and collaborate with cross-functional teams to debug and reproduce issues. In this role, you will mentor and guide others in the performance of all testing activities as well as encourage others to grow their skillset.
Sr. QA Engineers are creative problem solvers and are involved in continuously driving improvements in test automation frameworks as well as assessing and reporting on the software development processes adopted by projects through audits, reviews and inspections.
About the Role
In this opportunity as Senior Automation Engineer , you will:
- Designing, implementing and stabilizing automation tests and taking corrective actions.
- Participate in defining scope, methodologies and tooling for Quality Engineering practices.
- Develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases in Azure DevOps (ADO) to ensure good test coverage of the features/user stories.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities for in-sprint, regression and release testing.
- Be an advocate for shift-left and automation first approach.
- Mentoring and helping fellow colleagues in automation and lead from the front
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts.
- Communicate with cross-functional teams (e.g. developers, business systems analyst and product manager) to identify, clarify product requirements.
- Participate in scrum and agile ceremonies.
- Work closely with team leaders and architects to discuss, design and implement quality processes and practices.
You're a fit for the role of Senior Automation Engineer , if your background includes:
- 6+ years of professional QA Engineering experience – Translating business requirements into test scenarios, develop and execute test scripts including automation suites.
- Established background in an Agile environment with a proven understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Assist Product Manager and Business System Analyst with test plan, estimations and scenarios based on Feature and User story themes.
- Bachelor’s in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Previous work experience as SDET (Software Development Engineer in TEST)
- Hands-on experience on In-sprint automation
- Strong hands-on experience working in test automation with expertise in Test automation tools/frameworks e.g., WebdriverIO/Selenium, Playwright, Cucumber
- Experience in building and enhancing test automation for Angular/React, APIs, SOAP services and microservices.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and ability to write queries against Relational Databases e.g., Oracle, PostgreSQL.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
- Familiarity Version control systems (GIT) experience
- Good understanding of JSON and XML data formats
- Experience in cloud platforms (AWS, OCI).
- Programming language experience in at least one of the following: Javscript, Java, Python
Other specialized knowledge and skills required:
- Proven strong analytical design and trouble-shooting skills.
- Highly accountable for meeting all commitments and deadlines.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to facilitate communication between business and technology teams in both English and Spanish.
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Drive for continuous process improvement
- Self-driven, proactive and a good communicator
What's in it For You?
You will join our inclusive culture of world-class talent, where we are committed to your personal and professional growth through:
- Hybrid Work Model: We’ve adopted a flexible hybrid working environment (2-3 days a week in the office depending on the role) for our office-based roles while delivering a seamless experience that is digitally and physically connected
- Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; flexible and supportive benefits for work-life balance: flexible vacation, two company-wide Mental Health Days Off; work from another location for up to a total of 8 weeks in a year, 4 of those weeks can be out of the country and the remaining in the country, Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing.
- Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more.
- Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networking.
- Social Impact: Ten employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact.
- Purpose Driven Work: We have a superpower that we’ve never talked about with as much pride as we should – we are one of the only companies on the planet that helps its customers pursue justice, truth and transparency. Together, with the professionals and institutions we serve, we help uphold the rule of law, turn the wheels of commerce, catch bad actors, report the facts, and provide trusted, unbiased information to people all over the world.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 26,000 employees across more than 70 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on .