Feria Virtual de Empleos de Tecnología en México 2024
¡Más de 700 ofertas de trabajo en México, USA y Remoto!Visitar feria
Publicado hace 18 días.
Major Incident Manager en Thomson Reuters
No especificado MXN
Ciudad de México
Inglés: Nivel Básico
Major Incident Manager
Are you passionate about the chance to bring your experience to a world-class company that is market-leading or both content and technology? If yes, we’re looking for you.
Join our team! The primary purpose of the Major Incident Manager role is to ensure that Major Incidents are dealt with effectively and efficiently and that they are mitigated as quickly as possible, restoring service to users and customers within SLA targets.
The Major Incident Manager (MIM) will lead and drive the incident management process with authority and confidence, taking control of the recovery process from the outset, directing the technical conversation and ensuring everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in the process. The MIM will drive the technical conversation, encouraging and challenging teams to identify solutions or workarounds as quicky as possible to restore service and normalize the customer experience.
About the Role:
In this opportunity as a Major Incident Manager , you will:
- Ensure compliance with the Major Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management processes to ensure effective incident management, timely mitigation and resolution within SLA targets.
- Manage Major Incidents with authority and leadership to achieve speedy resolution of incidents and to ensure the smooth and timely transition from Incident to the Problem Management phase for root cause analysis.
- Leverage technical knowledge and experience to contribute to the incident recovery process and to assist teams in identifying solutions and/or workarounds to ensure timely restoration of service to customers.
- Ensure well written, timely and accurate internal communications are regularly sent during a Major Incident
- Participate in and contribute to post-mortem calls within the Problem Management process, as required.
- Identify & pursue opportunities for continuous service improvement.
- Escalate to Senior Management levels as needed to bring correct response and support from owning groups.
- Assist with the Enterprise Technology Incident Management (ETIM) process for the most critical customer impacting Major Incidents that occur.
- Review reports on Incident trends/numbers, repeat Incidents etc and make recommendations to ensure such Incidents are reduced in number.
- Work closely with Major Incident Process owner as well as Problem and Change Management process owners and Service Now team to make suggestions on process improvements and to implement any changes proposed by said teams.
- Arranges the technical recovery call and ensures all the appropriate teams and individuals are present, escalates as necessary where those teams or individuals are not participating as required.
- Manages and oversees the technical recovery call and ensure all teams are fully focused on Incident mitigation within SLA targets.
- Acts as the point of contact and escalation for support groups and internal businesses during recovery of Major Incidents
- Identify an incident owner (I/O) to lead the technical investigative and remediation processes during Major Incidents
- Oversee and contribute to the technical recovery conversation, challenge teams to identify solutions or workarounds to achieve mitigation SLA’s.
- Ensures appropriate escalation procedures are followed as required.
- Assesses impact and urgency of Major Incidents to ensure the incident priority is correctly set and escalation is timely and appropriate within SLA targets.
- Enters incident details in the incident management tool in a timely manner with accurate information.
- Provides accurate and timely communications on impact to the appropriate distribution lists of senior management and stakeholders.
- Ensure correct inputs to the Problem Management process.
- Drives governance around Major Incident management, for example, ensures an incident ticket is opened, escalated, updated, and closed accordingly.
- Establishes regular communication with relevant IT management and the business regarding the status of Major Incident tickets and adherence to the Major Incident management process.
- Gather information and facilitate the decision-making process of granting approval for immediate Change requests to systems with input from the appropriate teams, understanding the potential impact to production systems prior to approval.
- Contributes to evolving and maturing the Major Incident management process so it integrates with other processes (Problem and Change Management) and tools.
- Leverages incident management best practices and process frameworks, such as the ITIL, to drive continual process improvement.
- Participates in incident management technology evaluations and decisions and manages the day-to-day use of incident management tools.
You’re a fit for the role if your background includes:
- +5 years of experience as a manager, doing similar activities.
- ITIL Certification (foundations)
- Fluent English is a must.
- Advanced knowledge of IT service management
- Analytical thinking
- Experience innovating and improving IT processes
Location: CDMX Hybrid
What’s in it For You?
You will join our inclusive culture of world-class talent, where we are committed to your personal and professional growth through:
- Hybrid Work Model: We’ve adopted a flexible hybrid working environment for our office-based roles while delivering a seamless experience that is digitally and physically connected.
- Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more.
- Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; flexible and supportive benefits for work-life balance: two company-wide Mental Health Days Off; work from another location for up to a total of 8 weeks in a year, 4 of those weeks can be out of the country and the remaining in the country, Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing.
- Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networking.
- Social Impact: Nine employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact.
- Purpose Driven Work: We have a superpower that we’ve never talked about with as much pride as we should – we are one of the only companies on the planet that helps its customers pursue justice, truth and transparency. Together, with the professionals and institutions we serve, we help uphold the rule of law, turn the wheels of commerce, catch bad actors, report the facts, and provide trusted, unbiased information to people all over the world.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 26,000 employees across more than 70 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on .