Feria Virtual de Empleos de Tecnología México 2023
¡Más de 700 ofertas de trabajo en México!Visitar feria
Associate Director Cloud Engineering en AstraZeneca
Empleado de tiempo completo
Nivel de Inglés: Nivel Avanzado
- We are looking for a Principle Cloud Engineer to help us design and build cloud solutions and tooling to support AstraZeneca’s strategic priorities. We’re looking for someone who can work alongside multiple DevOps and development teams, who is self-motivated and able to direct, mentor and coach other members of the Cloud Solutions Engineering team.
- As a Principle Cloud Engineer, you will have the responsibility of providing Line management and technical leadership to a team of Cloud Engineers in local or global locations while still being hands-on and delivering innovative solutions to the business by applying a comprehensive cross-functional and industry best-practice cloud engineering approach.
- Our purpose is ambitious and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and creative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate diverse, ambitious thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are courageous, taking risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us and be part of an outstanding place to work; an environment that energises and empowers each of us to achieve our goal to develop and deliver medicines.
- Defines and directs the IT infrastructure operations activities and ensures that IT infrastructure teams deliver subject matter expertise to projects
- Leads efforts to plan, engineer and design solutions and oversees the design and documentation of solution components
- Provides technical input to business cases, Request for Proposals, supplier selection and evaluation of proposals
- Provides technical expertise, direction and support to IT infrastructure engineers for both innovation and support activities
- Work in an Agile way with global Product, Project and Platform teams to build and manage a range of Cloud capabilities and infrastructure services.
- Foster engineering excellence within the team.
- Cloud Engineering Lead will be required to manage risks, dependencies and demand within the team they are responsible for through collaboration with capability lead and business counterparts.
- Contribute to AZ IT wide best practices and standards.
Essential Skills and Experience
- In depth experience with setup, configuration and maintenance of Cloud service.
- 5-10 Years experience using AWS Services.
- Evidence of leading, shaping and designing innovative solutions and driving any changes
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical information into business language
- Good communication skills supporting joint working with geographically remote colleagues
- Experience and familiarity with a range of automated deployment tools.
- Ability to learn and develop new technical skills as required supporting the multi-hybrid cloud strategy.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently to deliver objectives
- Experience of working in agile teams using methodologies such as SCRUM and SAFe and use of Jira and Confluence.
- Experience in cloud design
- Experience in designing services based on Cloud Native Technology
- Experience in system maintenance, recovery and administration across Linux and Windows
- DevOps Experience with skills around automation and tools such as (but not limited to) Jenkins, Chef, CloudFormation, Lambda, Terraform, Ansible etc.
- Proven experience with scripting languages, ie: Python NodeJS
- Demonstrate the capability to problem solve, look for solutions and communicate these openly in a timely manner.
- Proven Line Management Experience.
Styles/Values and Attitudes
- You can absolutely by trusted with very sensitive information
- Must have a positive can-do approach and work alongside peers who are like minded that are constantly learning through customer outcomes.
- You are not shy and like to share your ideas.
- Prepared to adjust known methods to fit in with processes, customer requirements and find new ways of doing things.
- Know when to take initiative, speak up and are prepared to do so.
- Realise that customer success is our success, so you must want to help our customers achieve their objectives
- Research and Development aspirations, you will need to want to push the boundaries through continuous learning/experiments/trials of new ideas.