Since our start in 2015, we’ve gone from a group of individuals to a community pushing toward the same goal of building a fantastic company with great people, great products, and, most importantly, a great culture.
Apptegy is building products to empower school leaders to run better schools. We are building the first marketing platform for schools. Thrillshare, our publishing platform, makes it easy for schools to share positive stories with their communities and the world.
We are growing quickly and are focused on bringing thoughtful, high-performers together to craft amazing products for our clients. We’ve been able to build an exceptional engineering team that cares about their work and each other.
A Data Engineer at Apptegy is...
someone who will work within our growing team of analytics experts. This person will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross-functional teams.
The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up.
As a Data Engineer, you will…
- Support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives, and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
- Support the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Python technologies.
- Setup and configure analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
What you should bring to the table:
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with disparate datasets and how to stitch them together.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable data stores. Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience designing and building data warehouses and data marts.
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
Experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Experience with relational SQL databases, such as Postgres, etc.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools, such as CloverDX, Informatica, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services, such as EC2, RDS, SQS, Lambda, etc.
- Experience with APEX
- Experience with one or more of Python, Java, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with the Salesforce platform 6+ years